The PADI Divemaster Course
The PADI Divemaster Course will transform you into a leadership level diver. As a Divemaster you will be able to work as a diver and get paid to go diving!
By the end of your program, you can expect to have:
- A high level of personal diving skill
- Role-model knowledge of diving theory.
- Significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
- In other words, you're the cream of the crop and we want you to train with us!
As you may know, many PADI Divemasters go on to become PADI Instructors. So, the training and experience you gain through the PADI Divemaster program helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator. To help shape you into a Dive Professional, PADI has developed the PADI Divemaster Crew-Pak and various other material.
Divemaster qualifies you to:
- Organize, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based.
- Assist PADI Instructors in conducting PADI Diver programs.
- Act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors.
- Actuar como asistente certificado de enseñanza para instructores PADI.
- Supervise participants in PADI experience programs for uncertified divers.
- Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Enseñar y certificar cursos de apnea PADI y snorkeling.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers and Snorkellers.
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers.
- Enroll in PADI Instructor level training
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster program, you'll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
To qualify for PADI Divemaster training, you'll need to:
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivalent).
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent).
- Have logged a minimum of 20 open water dives prior to entry into PADI DM training and have completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives. Including experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Dive master.
- Have finished training EFR Primary and Secondary Care in the last 24 months
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
What is Dive Theory Online?
For Divemaster Candidates - an exam study tool
Dive Theory Online gives a comprehensive overview of dive physics, dive physiology, dive skills, environmental considerations, dive equipment specifics and decompression theory & the RDP. Each section consists of multi-media instructional sections followed by study questions. End-of-section assessments verify eLearner mastery of each section. Completion of the Dive Theory online eliminates the need to sit part 2 of the divemaster theory exam.