SSI DIVEMASTER COURSE IN TENERIFE
After completing the Dive Guide Course you have to finish the Science of Diving Specialty to automatically earn the Divemaster Certification
The SSI Dive Guide Course will transform you into a leadership level diver. As a Dive Guide you will be able to work as a diver and get paid to go diving! As a Dive Guide you are qualified to organize, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based
- Minimun age 15 / 18 if active status
- Certification Stress & Rescue qualified diver (or equivalent)
- 50 logged dives
- Certification or equivalent experience:
- Limited Visibility
- Deep Diving.
Science of Diving Course provides an in-depth and detailed study of physics, physiology, decompression theory, the aquatic environment and diving equipment. It is required training for most SSI Dive Professional programs, as well as some Extended Range programs. You will earn the SSI Science of Diving Specialty certification after completing this program..
By the end of both programs, you can expect to have
- A high level of personal diving skill
- Role-model knowledge of diving theory.
- Significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities.
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
- In other words, you're the cream of the crop and we want you to train with us!
As you may know, many SSI Divemaster go on to become SSI Instructors. So, the training and experience you gain through the SSI Divemaster program helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator. To help shape you into a Dive Professional, SSI has developed the SSI dive professional kit bundles and various other material.
Divemaster qualifies you to:
- Organize, conduct and supervise recreational diving activities, both land and boat based.
- Assist SSI Instructors in conducting SSI programs.
- Act as certified instructional assistant to SSI Instructors.
- Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Enroll in SSI Instructor level training
Upon successfully completing the SSI Divemaster program, you'll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You’ll also become a SSI professional and receive benefits.
To qualify for SSI Divemaster training, you'll need to:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be certified as a SSI Stress & Rescue Diver (or equivalent).
- Be certified as SSI Science of Diving speciallity
- Have completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives. Including experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a SSI Divemaster.
- Have finished training Primary and Secondary Care and Oxygen provider in the last 24 months
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.